Great for a cold day to bring a bit of heat to your bones.
10 x Linda Mc Cartney sausages, or use some of our Cheesy sausages
2 tins chopped tomatoes,
1 tin mixed beans,
1 tin green lentils,
1 chopped red onion,
4 chopped sweet peppers,
1 carton passata,
4 TBSP nutritional yeast,
2 cloves garlic minced,
1 TSP fresh ground black pepper,
1 TSP pink salt,
1 TSP turmeric,
1 TSP paprika,
1 TSP cumin,
3 TBSP Olive oil.
A hand full of fresh basil and coriander chopped,
Juice of 1 large lime about 1 1/2 TBSP.
- Add Olive oil to hot pan along with diced red onion and kale. Fry till soft, about 2 min, add minced garlic, fry for another minute.
- Add peppers, turmeric, paprika, cumin, fry for about 1 minute
- Drain Lentils.
- Add chopped tomatoes, mixed beans, lentils, nutritional yeast, sausages and passata, stir well.
- Season with salt and pepper add lime juice. Allow simmer on low heat for 15 – 20 min (should just be bubbling)
- Add Basil and coriander and simmer for a further 5 min.
This goes great on its own served in a bowl with some crunchy wholemeal rolls. If you are looking for something more filling you can serve with cous cous or rice.
Another idea is to use this as a pre made lunch for during the week. Typically I’ll split this into 5 equal portions and take one a day. Delicious, healthy, and nutritious food, just pop it in the microwave for 2 1/2 mins to heat
All images and recipes © of Feoil Free Family 2016.
If you like what you see why not send us a cup of coffee, it’ll help with the cost of maintaining the site. BTC 32VfYx4djyaaaCXcLvLGG1mBCrid7YYyTw