This is a firm weekend favourite in our house, I have added an an extra cheesy twist at the end of the page so if you like em cheesy make sure you read that one too!
500g firm tofu,
1 yellow pepper,
Handful baby spinach,
2 cloves garlic,
1 tsp turmeric,
1 tsp paprika,
1 tsp fresh ground black pepper,
1 tsp cumin,
1/2 tsp black salt,
60ml cold water,
3 tbsp nutrition yeast,
1. Press dry tofu. I don’t have a press but I just line a large pot with kitchen paper place the tofu in and put more paper town on top. Then place a smaller pot on top. Let it sit for 10 min. While that is drying out get chopping!
2. Chop the pepper, shallot and garlic.
3. Add a large dash of olive oil to a pan on a medium heat. Add garlic, shallot, kale, spinach. Cook till spinach and kale are wilted and soft. Add peppers.
4. Remove the tofu from pan and crumble up into chunks.
5. Move the veg in the pan to one side and add the crumbled tofu. Fry for about 5 min.
6. While the tofu is frying add all the dry spices bar yeast to a bowl. Add 60ml of cold water and mix.
7. Add the wet spice mix and nutritional yeast to the tofu and stir in. Cook for a further 5 min while mixing in the veg.
8. Plate it up and get your munch on.
Super cheesy edit:
When you have the spice mix added also add 2 extra tbsp of nutritional yeast and 200g of your favourite cheese grated. Then stir in and enjoy the sticky cheesy gooeyness that awaits.
I would typically serve these with some delicious sausages, either Dees or Moodley manor sausages. Both of these brands are available here in Ireland. Some hash browns and a pan blackened tomato. Top with some sriracha sauce
All images and recipes © of Feoil Free Family 2016.
If you like what you see why not send us a cup of coffee, it’ll help with the cost of maintaining the site. BTC 32VfYx4djyaaaCXcLvLGG1mBCrid7YYyTw