These delicious thick salted caramel sandwiches are so decadent you’ll be forgiven for thinking your royalty!
250g Soft pitted dates,
3 tsp Agave nectar,
2 tsp Fresh ground sea salt,
300 g Dark chocolate (vegan)
Fairy cake cases x 12
2 child assistants ( they love anything to do with chocolate!)
- Add the dates to to a food processor. (The dates should be soft and sticky. If they are dry soak for 10 min covered in hot water. Drain before adding to blender.)
- Blend up the dates, they will clump up into a big ball, just keep breaking the ball down and blend again. You can add 1 – 5 tbsp hot water. This varies depending on the dates themselves. The dryer the date the more water you will need.
- Add the your Agave nectar and salt to the blender and combine into the caramel.
- Place your fairy cake cases onto a baking tray or into molds (I use molds as they tend to slide around when adding the chocolate.)
- Break up the chocolate and add to a glass bowl (You can use your little assistants for the breaking up the chocolate, just be sure they don’t eat the lot!!), boil 300 ml water (NO KIDS HERE PLEASE), add water to a pot large enough for the glass bowl to sit into but not touch the water.
- Melt the chocolate, it should be very runny. Lift bowl from pot, Be sure to use oven gloves as the glass bowl is going to be HOT!
- Spoon out 2 teaspoons of melted chocolate into each case, once you have a trays worth done tap the tray on the counter to ensure you have good coverage.
- Pop the trays into the freezer for 10 min. During this time you will have to keep your wits about you. The sneaky children will do their best to eat the melted chocolate!!
- After 10 min remove the trays from the freezer. You may need to reheat the chocolate as before just to loosen it again.
- Add 2 teaspoons of caramel on top of each chocolate base.
- Now add 3 teaspoons of melted chocolate on top of the caramel and pop in the freezer for 10 min.
- Once set keep in the fridge, preferably in a locked box to stop yourself from eating them all.
- Your little helpers will also want to be paid now so I will let them have the bowl and spoons for chocy dips! Its the simple things! (Just be sure the bowl is cool enough for little hands)
If you like what you see, why not sign up to our newsletter to receive the latest offerings from our family. Sign up is in the side bar!
All images and recipes © of Feoil Free Family 2016.
If you like what you see why not send us a cup of coffee, it’ll help with the cost of maintaining the site. BTC 32VfYx4djyaaaCXcLvLGG1mBCrid7YYyTw