- 250g firm tofu
- 230g Kidney beans
- 4 tbsp Nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 1/2 tsp pink salt
- 1/2 tbsp mixed herbs
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 250 ml cold veg stock
- 2 tsp English mustard
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 4 tbsp tomato paste
- 1tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 270g Vital wheat gluten
- 100g Gram flower
- 1/2 Red onion
- 375 g sheet puff pastry
- Open, drain and rinse kidney beans and tofu.
- Add all ingredients (in ingredients list) up to Vital wheat gluten into food processor and blend until smooth and runny about 3 min.
- Add Gluten and Gram flower to a mixer with dough hook/s attached. Mix until well combined.
- Add the wet mix to the bowl and continue to knead for 5 min.
- Remove the puff pastry from the fridge.
- Dice the red onion and add to the dough in the mixer and continue to knead for a further 2 min.
- Get a baking tray and line with cling film (plastic wrap) and grease with oil.
- Remove the Setian dough from the mixer and spread out over the tray leaving about a 2″ gap to the end.
- Open the Puff pastry roll out and place on top of the Setian mix. Cover with grease proof paper (I use the same paper it was wrapped with in the box) Hold it tight to the pastry and tray and flip over.
- Remove the cling film and roll the Setian into the pastry.
- Slice roll into 12 even pieces (approx 1″ each)
- I froze 6 and cooked 6 for dinner… If freezing be sure to separate the slices of roulade with baking paper to stop it sticking.
- To cook now, preheat oven to 160 deg C (fan) 175 deg C non fan. Place roulade slices on a baking sheet and cook on middle shelf for 40 min, or until the pastry is golden brown.
Serve with a Cous cous salad and some mixed leaves with a balsamic vinegar or lemon dressing. Or as below with some sweet potato fries and a mixed salad!
All images and recipes © of Feoil Free Family 2016.
If you like what you see why not send us a cup of coffee, it’ll help with the cost of maintaining the site. BTC 32VfYx4djyaaaCXcLvLGG1mBCrid7YYyTw