Simple and tasty fortified almond milk
2 Liters water plus more for soaking almonds,
2 pinches of pink salt,
2 drops of solgar liquid vitamin B12 2000. ( you can leave this out if you don’t have.)
- Add almonds to a clean bowl and cover with water.
- Place in the fridge for at least 24 hours, the longer the creamer. check after 24 hours to ensure the almonds are still covered.
- Remove almonds from fridge and drain water and rinse.
- Weigh the soaked almonds and divide them in half.
- Add the divided almonds, 5 dates, 1 pinch of pink salt, 1 liter of water and 1 drops of solgar B12 to your blender.
- Blend for at least 2 min.
- Add a clean cloth to a sieve over a clean jug (minimum 1 liter).
- Pour the milk into the cloth and allow to filter through the cloth into the jug.
- Gather up the corners of the cloth wring it out into the jug ( this is the closest thing to actually milking you have to do)
- Pour into a clean 1 liter bottle and pop in the fridge. Best served cold!
- Empty pulp from the cloth into a clean mixing bowl set aside and repeat process for liter number 2.
Don’t waste the pulp!!! make some cereal topping!
- Preheat oven to 120° C fan and 140°C non fan.
- Add 1 tablespoon of powdered cinnamon to the pulp and 2 tablespoons of agave nectar and mix well.
- Line a baking tray with some grease proof paper and spread the seasoned pulp as thinly as possible.
- Bake for 30 – 50 min ( the time varies as the pulp will be wetter or dryer depending on how much you could wring the milk out.)
- Once the pulp is dry let cool on the baking tray and store in clean and dry an airtight container.
- Use to top your cereals or add to smoothies.
If you like what you see, why not sign up to our newsletter to receive the latest offerings from our family. Sign up is in the side bar!
All images and recipes © of Feoil Free Family 2016.
If you like what you see why not send us a cup of coffee, it’ll help with the cost of maintaining the site. BTC 32VfYx4djyaaaCXcLvLGG1mBCrid7YYyTw