Make your own sausages. Yep, it ain’t that hard.
170 g Vital wheat gluten,
30g Gram flower,
3 TBSP Nutritional yeast,
1 TSP Sugar
1 TSP Salt,
1 TSP Ground Black pepper,
1 TSP Paprika,
1 TSP Nutmeg,
1 TSP Garlic Powder,
3/4 TSP Ground ginger,
150 MM Cold water,
3 TBSP Tomato Puree
1 TBSP Olive oil,
1 Block Violife Cheddar
Yield: 8 chunky sausages.
- Get your mixer ready with a dough hook.
- Add all dry ingredients into mixer bowl and mix well.
- Combine water, tomato puree and olive oil and add to the dry ingredients.
- Blend for about 5 min.
- Once you have achieved the clumpy consistency pictured you are ready to knead
- Pour the dough on to a board and continue to knead.
- Once you have one large ball roll into a log shape, then cut into 8 even sized slices.
- With a rolling pin roll each slice flat.
- Chop your block of cheese into 8 equal strips and place 1 slice into each of the flat sausages.
- Roll the sausages ensuring the ends of the sausages are sealed to keep in all that cheesy yumminess!
- Wrap each sausage in foil and twist the ends tight.
- Pop in the steamer for 30 min.
- Once complete pop them straight onto the pan for bout 5 mins on a medium heat turning frequently until golden brown.
- If not using straight away let cool wrap tightly in cling film and refrigerate for up to 3 days or freeze.
Serve with some toasted crunch cob and some of our Scrumptious Scrambled Tofu!
All images and recipes © of Feoil Free Family 2016.
If you like what you see why not send us a cup of coffee, it’ll help with the cost of maintaining the site. BTC 32VfYx4djyaaaCXcLvLGG1mBCrid7YYyTw