Simple quick and seriously tasty hummus can be a life saver.
This will make about 1 kg of hummus, I’ll make it at the weekend for use during the week.
3 cartons of organic chickpeas
4 cloves of garlic (skinned)
Juice of 2 limes
1 tsp tahini
large handful of fresh coriander
2 tbsp sesame seeds toasted
So this is possibly the simplest recipe for prep.
- Drain 2 cartons of chickpeas.
- Drain the third cartons water into a bowl and rinse the chick peas with the first two
- Add Chickpeas, Garlic, Lime juice, Tahini and toasted sesame seeds and water from third carton to a blender.
- Blend on high for about 5 min.
- While blending chop coriander and add to blender.
- If it seems a little dry add some sesame oil, or for a more neutral taste some peanut oil ( or any neutral oil) tsp at a time.
You can eat this straight out of the blender, believe me I have. It goes really well with fresh salads and with crusty white cob drizzled in olive oil or on fresh garlic toasty’s.
All images and recipes © of Feoil Free Family 2016.
If you like what you see why not send us a cup of coffee, it’ll help with the cost of maintaining the site. BTC 32VfYx4djyaaaCXcLvLGG1mBCrid7YYyTw